Want to Earn Money using ClickBank?
In this article, I’ll put out a Clickbank affiliate marketing tutorial for beginners. You’ll certainly find the info valuable if you’re looking to make money online with Clickbank.
This is a topic that interests many people, and for obvious reasons. After all, everybody needs to earn money to put food on the table. However, the difference between earning a living using ClickBank and any other method is that the former can make you forget about the bottom line.
What does that mean?
Well, it means that after putting in time and effort and the proper techniques (revealed below), you might be able to earn some serious money using ClickBank affiliate marketing. Think of thousands of dollars a month, or perhaps even more.
Excited to learn more? Let’s first discuss what affiliate marketing is all about.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a business model where you promote other people’s products and earn a commission on each sale made.
Let’s explain it with the help of an example.
Let’s assume that there’s a health supplement that is selling for $100 which pays 25% in commission to affiliates like you. So, every time someone purchases that supplement using your affiliate link, you’ll make $25 without doing as much as lifting a finger.
That’s all that affiliate marketing is all about!
Think about it for a second.
You don’t have to manufacture a product, lease a place to hold all the inventory, and do the million other things manufacturers do to keep their products safe and secure before a customer comes looking for it through the door.
Heck, you don’t even have to worry about the paperwork. All you have to do is to promote a product that is already selling, and take your cut.
Pretty impressive, right?
Now that you have got the hang of what affiliate marketing is all about, let’s discuss what ClickBank is and the model on which it operates. However, if you want to learn more about this topic, check out our handy guide on affiliate marketing for beginners.
What is ClickBank?
Clickbank offers digital/physical product vendors and affiliate marketers a way to earn money from the comfort of their homes (or wherever else they like spending their time).
As an affiliate marketer, you have many reasons to prefer ClickBank over the thousands of other affiliate programs on the internet. These include:
- Straightforward sign-up process: ClickBank doesn’t require you to jump through any hoops to create an account on its platform. If you know how to use a computer, chances are your ClickBank account will be up and running within a few minutes
- Free to join as an affiliate marketer: This makes ClickBank a perfect option for beginners who are yet to learn the ropes of affiliate marketing.
- A large number of marketable products: Think of any niche, and there’s a good chance that Clickbank is offering affiliate products in the same. With such a vast pool of products, your affiliate program choices are limitless.
- Eye-watering commission rates: Do you know that Clickbank allows product sellers to pay up to 75% commissions to affiliate marketers? Equally importantly, you won’t have to wait for months to see the money in your bank account.
How to Make Money with ClickBank Affiliate Marketing?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making money using ClickBank affiliate marketing:
Step 1: Sign Up for a Free ClickBank Account
One of the best things about ClickBank is that it lets you create your first affiliate link in less time than it would take you to read this comprehensive guide.
Seriously, I’m not bluffing! You can verify this for yourself.
Go to the ClickBank homepage, click on ‘Start here,‘ and you’ll be asked to answer a few benign questions. Afterward, you’ll be asked to give your name, country, email, phone number, email address, and password. Once you enter all these details, your account will be up and running.
Step 2: Choose Your Niche
Niche selection will play a crucial role in determining how successful your affiliate marketing journey is. Make sure to select the niche about which you’re most passionate. Otherwise, if you end up selecting a product you know little of, your chances of success will be slim.
Here are a few tips that may help you with niche selection:
- Identify your area(s) of expertise or passion: As a self-defense trainer, my inclination would be to select a product that helps people protect themselves. I recommend you do the same to increase your chances of success.
- Make sure the market is profitable and has a large audience base: This can include researching consumer demographics, purchasing patterns, and pain points in order to identify markets with a high demand for products or services that can be promoted through affiliate marketing.
- Analyze the competition within your chosen niche: Your goal should be to find a niche that strikes the sweet spot between profitability and competition. Otherwise, you may end up earning less money or none at all. You can do that with an Ad spy provider.
Step 3: Choose Your Product
Once you have selected the niche, go deeper and select the product(s) you want to market. Make sure the product you’re choosing is offering a high commission and gravity rate. Aside from that, it should be attracting recurring sales and must have earned rave reviews from customers.
Here’s how you can select a good product for affiliate marketing:
- Look for high-quality products: As noted above, the chosen product(s) should have an excellent reputation, a proven track record of success, and excellent reviews. Don’t skip this step if you want to be a successful affiliate marketer.
- Verify that there’s a market demand for the product. Using keyword research tools, analyze the need for the product. This will let you know how popular it’s in your target market.
- Pay attention to the commission structure: Thousands of products on ClickBank offer 75% commission to marketers on each sale. Some products also offer a commission on rebills (when a customer orders a product again).
- Research the vendor: Once you have ensured that the product is high-quality, sells a lot, and pays a considerable commission to affiliate marketers, it’s time to ensure the vendor’s reputation is watertight.
- Check out the Gravity Score: ClickBank assigns every product a Gravity Score, which is a snapshot of how many sales the product is attracting. The higher the Gravity Score, the more popular the product is with customers.
Step 4: Create an Affiliate Tracking Link
Imagine for a moment that you’re a ClickBank affiliate. There can be as many as hundreds of affiliate products you can promote to make online sales (and earn a commission). How can you determine which of your ad campains is responsible for your success?
That is where affiliate tracking links (or HopLink, as ClickBank likes to call them) come into play.
Fortunately, creating a HopLink is as easy as A, B, and C.
All you have to do is to go to the product listing, and hit that “Promote” button on top. After that, you’d be asked to enter your chosen account nickname and an optional tracking ID, and select the “Create HopLink” button.
Once you have created a HopLink, make sure to save it in a place where you can easily find it. However, even if you misplace it, there’s still no reason to worry. You can always go back and create another HopLink using the method described above.
Yet, if you want to get even more stats than the ones that Clickbank offers, you can use Click.org to track your affiliate links. Actually, this is highly recommend if you want to get valuable data from your ad campaigns.
Almost all super affiliates use a link tracking software to get a tactical advantage over the competition. Do the same!
Step 5: Get Eyeballs on Your Affiliate Link
Now, you may ask: “How do I get eyeballs on my affiliate link”?
Well, there are two ways you could go about this: free and paid.
Regardless of your chosen traffic route, the destination will be the same. That is the page where your affiliate link is given. On clicking this link, the customers will land on the product’s page, make a purchase, and earn you a sweet commission.
But should you choose free or paid traffic?
Let’s try to answer this question by highlighting the various ways you can generate free and paid traffic.
How to Generate Free Traffic for your Affiliate Link?
Also known as “organic traffic,” free traffic is not free per se.
Sure, you might not be spending any money to attract people toward your affiliate link. But what you’ll be saving in terms of money you’d be spending in the shape of time and effort.
Let’s look at the top three free traffic sources that are working currently:
- Google Search Engine: As the world’s biggest search engine, Google sends millions of unique visitors to affiliate marketing blogs or websites each month. If you want to opt for this route, your goal should be to rank on the first page of Google using SEO best practices.
- Social Media: If your product is aimed at the general audience, use Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest. If it’s directed at corporate professionals, go for LinkedIn. To lure in millennials, go for TikTok and/or Snapchat. You can also use Instagram to get followers who can visit your website.
- Email Marketing: You can create a blog with opt-in forms to grow your email list. Alternatively, you can build a closed Facebook Group with people so interested in what you’re selling that they’re willing to give you their email addresses.
How to Generate Paid Traffic for your Affiliate Link?
If free traffic is like driving a Buick on the street, paid traffic is like Porsche on the highway. It will get you to your destination quicker – as long as you don’t crash yourself during the journey.
Here are various paid sources to drive traffic to your affiliate link:
- Facebook Ads: Although not without their drawbacks, Facebook ads will give you access to a massive user base and tons of data, which you can then target using the platform’s sophisticated AI and watertight tracking tools.
- YouTube Ads: As Google’s staff has explained very well on this page, there are multiple formats for advertising on YouTube. Make sure to go through each before selecting the one you are the most knowledgeable about.
Hopefully, by now, you know enough to kick-start your affiliate marketing journey on ClickBank.
While you don’t necessarily have to spend money to make your first sale, having money that you can spend to turbocharge your affiliate marketing habits is never a bad situation to find yourself in.
Regardless of whether you go the free/organic or paid route, if you’re motivated and knowledgeable enough, you’ll be able to make a decent income.
Precisely, that is what attracts hundreds of thousands of people toward affiliate marketing.
Here’s a very powerful course you can use, to make a full-time income on Clickbank.
This course will make you go straight to the point and get started in no time.
p.s. Remember to subscribe to my Internet marketing newsletter for more tips on making money online.
To your affiliate marketing success,