Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. This is to help support the blog and does not have any impact on my recommendations. Thanks for supporting Online Elites.
Have you ever wondered how YouTubers make money off of their channels?
For some people out there, becoming a YouTube sensation sounds like the perfect way of generating income, especially if you find how you can make hundreds or maybe even thousands of dollars just by uploading a few videos a week.
YouTube has become one of the go-to sources for information seekers online.
This means that there are a lot of people searching for answers on YouTube. It’s literally one of the top search engines in the world.
This also means that as a Youtuber, you get paid to share your knowledge to the world.
However, to become a great Youtuber you need to create high quality content and upload frequently to succeed since the competition is becoming more and more ferocious.
Being the world’s second largest search engine in the world, every minute more than 300 hours of video are uploaded on this platform and almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day, which makes it a legitimate source to learn information from.
All of this makes YouTube a powerful platform to make a decent living by creating entertaining, informative, and engaging videos.
I have generated quite a good income with my YouTube channels. Here’s one of my channels. It’s a self-defense YouTube channel.
By providing high quality information on the topic of self-defense, we acquired a loyal fan base of individuals that are interested in personal protection tips.
With that channel, we generate income from YouTube’s partner program called Google AdSense. We also generate income from selling self-defense videos from our website. A lot of our YouTube viewers visit our website and purchase our main self-defense videos.
If you are one of those people who want to learn how to make money through YouTube, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, I’ll be teaching you 9 simple steps to make money with YouTube.
A Step-by-Step Process on how to start making money with YouTube
- Find a niche – An important way to start a YouTube channel is to do like many successful channel owners who share their hobbies, interests, and passion with the world through their videos and in the process, are helping other become better.
- It’s important to find what you are passionate about and turn it into something you can regularly talk about on your videos. The more you know about the topic; the better chances that more viewers will want to watch your videos.
- Make sure thought that the niche you choose will be something that people are interested in. If your market is too small, it’s more difficult to make it. Not impossible, just more difficult.
- Create videos and be entertaining – Always keep in mind that this is YouTube we are talking about. The more entertaining you are, the better your channel will be. Even if you decide to teach something serious, it should be entertaining for the viewer.Make sure that your content is informative, entertaining, and NOT boring, to keep viewers interested in your content.
- Monetize your YouTube Channel – Once you reach the conditions required by Google, you’ll be able to monetize your channel and start earning money. The process of monetizing your channel, means that you’ll be able to run ads on your videos and make money from it. Once you’re eligible, it’s very easy to create and doesn’t require much effort, you just have to follow simple steps:
- Follow the instruction on how to monetize your channel. You’ll need to reach the minimum requirements of subscribers and watch time hours to become eligible.
- You’ll need to apply to AdSense – you’ll receive a code to validate your channel as soon as you reach YouTube’s monetization’s thresholds.
- Fill in the information needed and go through the verification process. Once you are done with the verification, you will need to wait a few days for your channel to get approved. The process may take a little long, but it’s worth the wait.
- Keep going – Part of being a YouTuber, means that you’ll need to upload videos frequently. The more you upload quality content videos, the more your channel should gain in popularity. It’s important not to give up and keep going. Create a habit of upload consistently and you’ll eventually see the benefits of your work creations.
- Build a list – If you’re serious about making money with YouTube, you’ll have to redirect your traffic to your website. On your website, you want to give an enticing reason for your visitors to join your newsletter. This way, you’ll be able to help your followers and when you do that, usually money follows.
- p.s. If you want to know what software I use to deliver my newsletters, well here it is: This is the best autoresponder in my opinion.
- Create a website – You can build a list without having a website, but let me tell you that it will be much easier if you do build your own website. As a Youtuber, you’ll often be asked what your URL is (what your website domain is), and having a website will allow you to generate more value to your potential customers. Here’s where to start your website.
- Run ads to make more money – A vast majority of the most successful YouTubers don’t only rely on AdSense to generate income online. They make their income by running ads on YouTube via Google Ads, to send the traffic to their website. From there, visitors are shown different product and services. Check this out if you want to learn how to run successful YouTube Ads.
- Sponsor – Making money from sponsors is another great way to generate income via YouTube. For this to happen though, you usually need to have a good following fan base. Once you do, you can get paid by companies to showcase a related product to your niche on your YouTube channel.
- Affiliate products – A lot of YouTubers, including myself, make money by recommending useful products to our fan base. Affiliate marketing is basically recommending other people’s products in exchange of a commission. Commissions can range from anywhere between 4% all the way up to 75% of the sale. If you’re looking to learn more on how to generate income with this, here’s a top affiliate training course.
All of the points are important, but to get successful with YouTube, number four is especially important. It’s crucial not to give up and keep uploading high quality videos regularly.
YouTube has given us all the chance to earn from what we are passionate about.
What is even better, is that it’s easy to accomplish and with only a few videos each week. Try out these tips for yourself and reach your financial goals through YouTube.
In case you want to learn secrets tips on how to operate a profitable YouTube channel, here’s a cool resource for you: https://www.onlineelites.com/youtubechannel